One thing I love about the cooler months is warm comfort food! Our meals get a little heartier and I don’t mind having the oven on for long periods of time. Yesterday, I was at the grocery store and decided I wanted to make something with chicken, stir it all together, throw it in the oven, and let it bake so that I could take Evie for a walk around the neighborhood before dinnertime. My shopping trip resulted in a dinner of creamy chicken spaghetti casserole, spinach salads, and fresh Asiago cheese bread from the bakery.
I wouldn’t share this recipe with you if I didn’t want to make it again, but we all loved it and I’m craving a bite as I write this. Even our picky little Evelyn ate it! The one thing I would do differently next time is sautée the mushrooms before mixing it in the casserole so that they were cooked down a bit more. Or I’d just use canned mushrooms to save time, but I love fresh portobello mushrooms and use them whenever I get the chance.
I hope your family enjoys this creamy chicken spaghetti casserole recipe as much as my family does!
This post contains affiliate links.
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces pot size spaghetti (cooked & drained)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 container Portobello mushrooms (chopped & sautéed)
- 12 ounces white & yellow corn
- 1 rotisserie chicken (pulled & chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Penzeys Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Penzeys buttermilk seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl minus the bread crumbs and cheddar cheese.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for one hour.