Now that we have two kiddos, I knew I wanted a good double stroller. We are always out and about, whether it’s just for a walk around the neighborhood or a trip to the zoo. So, I did what any mom would do and started browsing the internet in search for the perfect stroller. I like being able to choose from all the best strollers, so online shopping is typically my go-to option. I looked at images, perused reviews, and skimmed features.
Yet, I still had a hard time deciding by just an online search. Even if I ordered a few, I’d still have to assemble each one to really get a feel for if I liked it or not. And then what? I’d have to take it apart and ship a big box back if it didn’t work out? Super impractical. Here’s the secret to choosing the best double stroller, or any stroller for that matter…
Go to buy buy Baby. Seriously, GO! They have a HUGE selection of assembled strollers in their store. And not just a few brands either. They have all the brands you’d want to check out… Graco, BOB., UPPAbaby, Baby Jogger, BRITAX, Peg Perego, and even more. For such a big purchase, I wanted to see the strollers in person, and more importantly, push them around with my kids on board, to see how they felt.
Here are my top three reasons for going to buy buy Baby to shop for your stroller:
- You can test drive ALL the strollers. They have so many brands to choose from and you can push around each one all over the store until you’re convinced you’ve found the one.
- They price match. Yep, you read that right. If you find a better price online they will gladly match their direct competitors’ prices. You can read more about their worry-free shopping guarantee here.
- You’ll get all the help you need. The store associates are super friendly and knowledgeable. If you have questions or need help getting a box out to your car, they will help!
Okay, now you’re probably wondering which one we ended up choosing. At first, we chose the Contours brand because it fell into a more comfortable price range for us. We even bought it, and then changed our minds and got the one we REALLY wanted a few hours later. Ha! Again, the store associates made it quick and easy to make the exchange. I even stayed in the car and nursed Levi, while Jeremy popped in and out of the store.
Ultimately, we took home the Baby Jogger® Summit™ X3 Double Stroller. And we LOVE it! Let me tell you a few of the reasons why.
- It turns on a dime. The Baby Jogger is easier to push and turn than the single stroller I own! It’s so smooth! When test driving strollers, make sure you put your baby or some other kind of weight in the stroller while you push it around. It makes a huge difference how they turn.
- The storage compartment is nice and roomy. I hate how small my storage compartment is on my single stroller, so it was at the top of my list to have plenty of room for my diaper bag and anything and everything else I need to stash down there. Just make sure you take things in and out from the sides where there is the most flexibility.
- I can jog with it, if I want. Technically, it is a jogging stroller so I can keep up a nice fitness routine with the kiddos in tow. The front wheel locks if you want to use it as a jogger. If you don’t, simply keep the front wheel unlocked so it can turn and maneuver flawlessly.
We ended up splurging on the Baby Jogger mostly because of how easy it is to push even with a lot of weight in it. We also think we want to have more kids, so we know we’ll get our use out of it! Now, if only Levi would let me put him down so that I could stroll the two of them! Unless he’s sleeping, the boy loves to be held!
Okay, so now that you know the best way to pick out a double stroller, head to buy buy Baby yourself to go check them all out! Tell me, which stroller is on your wish list and why?
Make sure to check out my blog post about shopping for baby number two here!