Tortilla chips and salsa are both staples in our household. I love making fresh salsa or dips, especially when the weather starts warming up. There’s just something about enjoying tasty salsa and colorful drinks out on the back deck, once the patio furniture is out for the season. We’re not quite there yet, but spring has been on my mind a lot lately, so I’ve been craving freshly chopped salsa with vibrant colors and flavors.
This Mexican Corn & Bean Salsa recipe is pretty simple. Chopping it all up is what takes a little bit of time. This always makes more then my husband and I can eat ourselves so make sure you plan to share it! I brought half of it to work with a bag of chips to enjoy during a weekly meeting. Cheers!
- 3 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 jalepeno (minced)
- 1/2 small red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (minced)
- 1 can white beans (rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 bag frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 1 lime
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Chop, mince, or rinse the appropriate ingredients.
- Mix all together.
- Squeeze lime into mixture. (save a slice for garnish)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!