This is one of my husband’s FAVORITE desserts! His mom loves to make it for him, but this year, I asked him to pick any dessert he wanted for his birthday and Frozen Butterfinger Dessert was his request. I had never made it before, but it turned out deliciously. It’s super easy and quick to make.
Evelyn loved it too! Really, who wouldn’t?! It’s very rich so you’ll be plenty satisfied with one piece… every night until it’s gone. Seriously, that’s what happened. Not so great for the waistline, but Ooo so good for the taste buds! This is a fun one to make for kid’s birthday parties too.
What’s your favorite quick and easy (and delicious) dessert to make? Post your recipe link in the comments so I can try it!
- 5 Butterfinger® candy bars
- 1 angel food cake (from the bakery)
- 16oz Cool Whip
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Mix Cool Whip, powdered sugar, butter and eggs in mixer.
- Crush candy bars.
- Crumble chunks of angel food cake along the bottom of a 4 quart pan.
- Spread half of mixer over cake.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 of the crushed candy bar.
- Repeat with another layer of cake and mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining candy bar pieces to top.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- I like to make it the night before the event and just throw it in the freezer until I'm ready to serve and enjoy it!